DRESDEN-concept Research Groups
DRESDEN-concept (DDc) aims to further increase the attractiveness of Dresden as a science location for excellent independent early-career scientists. The close cooperation between the DDc partner institutions and the manifold synergies within the research alliance offer young researchers an excellent environment and open up attractive career paths.
In the DRESDEN-concept Research Groups, outstanding young scientists are offered an optimal framework for establishing their own working group. The research groups address innovative research topics and can draw on the expertise of two or more DDc partner institutions, which jointly support the DDc Research Group.
Funding measure for the support of DRESDEN-concept Research Groups
As part of the EXU-measure “DRESDEN-concept Science and Innovation Campus”, group leaders of DRESDEN-concept Research Groups can make use of a number of offers, e.g. in the form of consulting and support services for the professionalization of research data management or the professionalization of their target group-specific science communication.
In addition, funding of a doctoral position for a duration of 1-3 years and / or consumables up to 20 K Euro per year is available. Funding is awarded based on needs in a competitive selection process.
Funded by the Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) and the Free State of Saxony as part of the Excellence Strategy of the Federal and State Government.
The group leaders of DDc Research Groups are eligible to apply. In a written application (approx. 1-2 pages) they must set out:
1. the specific goal to be achieved by the funding measure;
2. the scope and desired form of support;
3. a realistic timetable for achieving the desired goal;
4. the planned form of engagement of the DDc Research Group for the DRESDEN-concept Alliance;
5. the need for support in setting up a research data management system, if applicable;
6. the need for support in science communication, if applicable.
By the end of October of the previous year for the following year at the DDc office: email@example.com
- Applications for funding can be submitted to the DDc office by the end of October of the previous year for the following year.
Please enclose a copy of the cooperation agreement of the DDc partner institutions involved.
- Forwarding of the application, supplemented by a statement of the DDc office, to the DDc board.
- Decision on the funding application by the DDc Board of Directors two months after submission of the application, at the latest.