DDc Lunch Retreats
DRESDEN-concept (DDc) started in 2021 the new format DDc Lunch Retreat.
Future-oriented topics with a high scientific potential that have been identified and proposed by the Scientific Area Committees (SACs) and/or the DDc Executive Board, will be shortly presented by key scientists to interested DDc members in order to get feedback and to sound out cooperation possibilities.
Following DDc Lunch Retreats:
- 13th DDc Lunch Retreat: January 19, 12:00 – 1:00 p.m.
- 14th DDc Lunch Retreat: February 10, 12:00 – 1:00 p.m.
- 15th DDc Lunch Retreat: March 24, 12:00 – 1:00 p.m.
- 16th DDc Lunch Retreat: April 14, 12:00 – 1:00 p.m.
The previous five DDc Lunch Retreats addressed the following research areas:
- 1ts DDc Lunch Retreat: “Cellular Metabolism”
Key speakers: Prof. Triantafyllos Chavakis (UKD), Prof. Ünal Coskun (PLID), Prof. Michele Solimena (PLID) and Prof. Marino Zerial (MPI-CBG)
- 2nd DDc Lunch Retreat: “Precision Chemistry for Future Materials“
Key speakers: Prof. Xinliang Feng (TUD) and Prof. Thomas Heine (TUD)
- 3rd DDc Lunch Retreat: “Great topics, forbidden names: anti-aging, successful aging and rejuvenation“
Key speakers: Prof. Henrik Bringmann (TUD), Prof. Lorenz Hofbauer (UKD), Prof. Gerd Kempermann (DZNE) and Dr. Miranka Wirth (DZNE)
- 4th DDc Lunch Retreat: “21st Century Building: Towards a Climate and Resource Neutral Construction“
Key speakers: Prof. Manfred Curbach (TUD) and Prof. Victor Mechtcherine (TUD)
- 5th DDc Lunch Retreat: “New insights from the interface between electronics and living nature“
Key speakers: Prof. Karl Leo (TUD) and Prof. Carsten Werner (Leibniz IPF)
- 6th DDc Lunch Retreat: “Context and Behaviour”
Key speakers: Prof. Katharina von Kriegstein (TUD), Prof. Tanja Endraß (TUD) and Prof. Stefan Kiebel (TUD)
- 7th DDc Lunch Retreat: “Transitioning mobility into a digital, sustainable world”
Key speakers: Prof. Regine Gerike (TUD), Prof. Hartmut Fricke (TUD), Prof. Marc Timme (TUD) and Prof. Ostap Okhrin (TUD)
- 8th DDc Lunch Retreat: “Taming WaterExtremes – Smart water systems in an extreme world“
Key speakers: Prof. Peter Krebs (TUD), Prof. Stefan Stolte (TUD), Prof. Markus Weitere (TUD/UFZ), Prof. Edeltraud Günther (UNU-FLORES) and Prof. Jochen Schanze (IÖR)
- 9th DDc Lunch Retreat: „Active back-end of line for in-memory computing / Responsible electronics in the climate change era“
Key Speaker: Prof. Thomas Mikolajick (TUD) and Prof. Yana Vaynzof (TUD)
- 10th DDc Lunch Retreat: „NHR, NDFI, ScaDS.AI, CIDS: Important ingredients NOT only for the Emerging field Data-intensive Digital Science but for several other research activities“
Key Speaker: Prof. Wolfgang Nagel (TUD) and Prof. Bjoern Andres (TUD)
- 11th DDc Lunch Retreat: Key speakers and their topics
Prof. Frank Ellinger (TUD) – Responsible Radio Frequency Circuits for Wireless Communications for ReC2
Prof. Gerhard Fettweis (TUD, Barkhausen Institut) – Digitization and Democracy – Bridging Engineering and Human Sciences
Prof. Frank H.P. Fitzek (TUD) – CeTI 2.0