Podcast on questions about medicine from Dresden: YOU ASK we explain
Scientific and empathetic, thoroughly researched, open for discourse and entertaining – that is the idea of the new podcast series produced by the Faculty of Medicine of TU Dresden. Each month, experts and enthusiasts come together to discuss various medical topics that can sometimes be difficult to talk about.
YOU ASK we explain provides a stage for hot topics and seeks to answer hard-hitting questions. Does life begin with an embryo? What is the cost of living? Can everyone afford to live? Or rather, is survival a question of money? Who sets the indication for late terminations? Where does fear of the unhealthy come from?
- January – How it all begins – A debate about life, pregnancy (abortions) and artificial insemination
- February: It wasn’t me – mistakes in medicine
- March: It’s all a question of genes. The chance of limitless possibilities?
- April: Heroes of research or guinea pigs? – A debate about clinical studies
- May: No time to die – A debate on resuscitation, palliative care and euthanasia.
Communication has never been as important as it is today – especially with regard to medical issues. The team of YOU ASK we explain supports this and is looking forward to committed moderators and speakers, as well as numerous questions on the topics. Contact is quickly established: firstname.lastname@example.org
A project of the Medical Faculty Carl Gustav Carus of the TU Dresden in cooperation with the Sächsische Zeitung, COSMO Wissenschaftsforum and the Dresden Philharmonic Orchestra. This project is supported by the Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) and the Free State of Saxony within the framework of the excellence strategy of the federal and state governments.