DRESDEN-concept science exhibition
How do we conserve what we want to preserve?
Books, sheet music, paintings or machines have cultural value. Therefore, they should be preserved and protected so that they are accessible for everyone and for the generations after us. Dresden’s cultural institutions and research institutes work closely together on this task. The DRESDEN-concept science exhibition shows how Dresden’s scientists are proceeding in this endeavor.
The following examples are shown:
- Renaissance astronomical clocks
- The Artist’s Advocate Scholarship Programme
- Glass Figures at the Deutsches Hygiene-Museum Dresden
- Martin Luther’s digitised manuscripts
- Project “Talking Machine”
- Family tree of the House of Wettin
- Digitisation of Heracles
- Camera city Dresden 1860 – 2000
- From the Ancient Orient – the Sumerian clay nail